Varithena is a sophisticated surgical treatment for varicose veins that uses a specialized foam-based sclerosant.
The Varithena procedure is performed in-office by a vascular specialist following four steps:
- Evaluation – Your vascular specialist will conduct a thorough examination of your varicose veins using ultrasound to assess their size, location and severity.
- Foam preparation - Varithena is a proprietary sclerosant foam that is created by mixing a liquid agent with a gas. This foam is highly effective in closing diseased veins.
- Injection - The foam is injected directly into the targeted varicose veins through a small catheter by your vascular specialist. The foam displaces the blood in the vein, causing it to collapse and seal shut.
- Compression - After the procedure, your vascular specialist may prescribe compression stockings to promote healing and reduce swelling.
What are the benefits of Varithena?
Varithena offers several advantages over traditional treatment methods for varicose veins. It is less invasive, provides targeted treatment, typically has a short recovery time, improves the appearance of your legs and provides long-lasting results.
Are there any potential side effects?
While Varithena is generally considered safe, like any medical procedure it may have some side effects. These can include:
- Mild bruising or swelling at the injection site
- Temporary discomfort or pain in the treated area
- Skin discoloration near the treated veins, which typically resolves over time
- Rarely, allergic reactions to the sclerosant foam
Be sure to discuss any potential risks and side effects with your healthcare provider before undergoing the Varithena procedure.
If you are experiencing symptoms related to varicose veins, call 770-812-VEIN (8346) to schedule a consultation to begin your transformation now.
Learn more about Varithena
Click the animated video at right to learn more about Varithena and how it can help eliminate your varicose veins.