We are committed to investing in our people by offering competitive compensation opportunities and a strong, supportive workplace environment.
This philosophy extends throughout our organization and to our leadership team. To compete for top-tier executive talent, we must offer market competitive compensation opportunities that not only reflect industry norms but also consider other factors — such as individual and organizational performance — as well as tenure.
Our approach is working — both for our organization and for the benefit of the communities we serve.
Under our current executive team’s leadership, Tanner has achieved remarkable and sustained growth through the past 25 years, fulfilling its charitable mission by dramatically expanding services and improving access to care for residents throughout our region.
- Tanner has been recognized as one of the nation’s 15 Top Health Systems by Truven Analytics four times since 2012.
- Many of our specialty programs — including our cardiac and orthopedic service lines — have earned dozens of honors in recent years. We have also received national recognitions for our quality and patient experience programs.
- Our Get Healthy, Live Well program was honored by the American Hospital Association with its NOVA Award (2016) and as a finalist for the Foster McGaw Award (2018). Get Healthy, Live Well was also recognized with Healthy Georgia’s Community Innovation Award (2016).
- In partnership with the city of Carrollton, Tanner was recognized as one of 12 finalists (selected from nearly 200 applicants) for the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation Culture of Health Prize (2019).
- In addition to earning consistently high rankings by Leapfrog, Healthgrades and other independent healthcare organizations, Tanner has earned repeat recognition as a top employer by local and national publications.
- Tanner is a significant economic engine for the region, employing more than 3,350 people and contributing more than $946.7 million in impact to local economies.
- As a not-for-profit hospital, Tanner also provides charitable care and serves the community through innovative programs designed to improve health outcomes, including programs for diabetes prevention and management, chronic disease management, children’s education and smoking cessation.
These kinds of accomplishments are possible only with the vision and management of a strong, stable leadership team.
- Tanner’s executive team has a combined 179 years of service, with six of 10 team members serving the organization for more than 20 years.
- President and CEO Loy Howard has served Tanner for a quarter century, far exceeding the average hospital CEO tenure of just 3.5 years. According to the American College of Healthcare Executives, only 3.4% of hospital CEOs have a continuous tenure of 20 years or more.
Everyone at Tanner Health System is proud of our accomplishments and our commitment to our patients and communities.
In an era when so many hospitals are struggling — experiencing financial challenges, reducing services or even closing their doors — we take great pride in our strength and significant record of achievement.
Please see our IRS 990 for our compensation and benefits report.