Tanner’s Emergency Departments (EDs) provide the care you need 24/7 —always with safety and infection prevention in mind.
Infection prevention is what we do with every patient. We have taken it up a notch with COVID-19 to ensure our patients, their loved ones and our staff are safe.
Some of the ways we are ensuring safety and infection prevention include:
- Screening of all ED patients upon arrival for COVID-19 symptoms and exposure risk
- Optional call-in for patients who would like to discuss their concerns with ED staff before coming in
- Separate care areas for suspected COVID-19 patients for the safety of other patients and staff
- Required facial coverings for everyone – medical staff, patients and visitors. If you don’t have a mask, one will be provided.
- Hand sanitizing stations at all ED entries, exits and other critical areas within hospitals
- Social distancing encouraged by ED screeners
- Rigorous and frequent cleaning and sanitizing of Tanner facilities, equipment and surfaces throughout the system
- Personal protective equipment (PPE) and hand hygiene protocols, established by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), for all healthcare staff
- One visitor permitted per ED patient
- Daily monitoring of all healthcare staff for illness
These measures are designed to ensure your safety, so your emergency medical concerns can be addressed safely. Our top priority is your safety.