When you are diagnosed with cancer, it can feel like your world is spinning out of control.
You may feel anxious and uncertain about what the future holds. That’s Tanner Cancer Care’s mission: to provide the care you need when you need it.
We understand that when you are first diagnosed, you may not know what to do next. That’s why we offer our 3-Day Cancer Care Promise.
Within three days of diagnosis, one of our team members will see you in the clinic and talk to you about your treatment options. We want to help ease your mind and help get you started on your journey to recovery.
How the promise works
Upon receiving a physician’s referral, cancer specialists at Tanner begin planning the best possible approach to defeating your particular type of cancer.
An oncologist — a physician specializing in treating cancer — reviews the referral and then plans an approach to care that uses the most advanced, proven techniques and treatments. Your oncologist also evaluates clinical trials for which you may be eligible and more, putting together a comprehensive plan to help you beat cancer.
The oncologist passes their notes to a patient navigator who provides a single point of contact to answer questions or address concerns about cancer treatment. The patient navigator will assist in:
- Explaining diagnoses and physician orders
- Understanding your treatment journey
- Answering questions about cost and reimbursement
- Arranging access to community and health system resources
- Scheduling and attending appointments
- And more
They will contact you for an initial treatment plan session and then begin scheduling all the necessary appointments and any additional diagnostics needed by the oncologists or surgeons.
Why choose Tanner Cancer Care
Here are three reasons why you should choose Tanner Cancer Care:
- We offer a unique, patient-centered approach to cancer care. Our cancer program is designed around you and your unique needs. We’ll make sure you receive the best possible care with a comprehensive cancer program that includes everything from cancer screening and education to the latest cancer treatments.
- We have a team of highly skilled and experienced cancer specialists who specialize in you. The best outcomes happen when you have a multidisciplinary team of cancer specialists working together. Our oncology specialists share their expertise, experience and insight, coming together around each and every patient to ensure the best care based on the latest evidence and research.
- We have state-of-the-art diagnostic equipment. Cancer treatment is constantly evolving, and we are proud to offer our patients the latest cancer treatments and technologies, including advanced diagnostic imaging services. From non-contrast cardiac MRI to 3-D digital mammography, we’re at the forefront of many imaging technologies.
Get the Support You Need and Deserve
The Tanner Cancer Care Promise gives you hope and a sense of control during a time when everything may feel out of control.
We want to help you move forward with your treatment plans as quickly and easily as possible. There is no charge for the Tanner Cancer Care Promise. It’s just our commitment to you and your family.
To learn more about the Tanner Cancer Care Promise, visit TannerCancerCare.org. If you have any questions about our cancer care services, please don’t hesitate to contact us at 770-812-9824.
We are here to help every step of the way.