Higgins General Hospital in Bremen
Haralson County’s only hospital, Higgins General Hospital joined Tanner
Health System in 1998. Since then, Tanner has invested substantially in
the critical access facility by:
- Expanding the hospital’s emergency department and diagnostic imaging unit.
- Improving its inpatient facilities.
- Building a new medical office building to house the many
additional specialist services that have come to Bremen through the
community’s affiliation with Tanner.
We have continued to invest in health care throughout Haralson County, with three primary care practices:
We also provide pediatrics services and an urgent care providing walk-in care for minor medical emergencies and more. Most recently, Tanner built a new surgical services unit at Higgins General Hospital. The unit expands access to needed surgical care, including:
- Gastroenterology screenings like colonoscopies
- General surgical services
- Reconstructive and plastic surgery
- Ear, nose and throat care
- Eye surgery
- And more
Additionally, we have also established a primary stroke center at Higgins General Hospital, making lifesaving stroke care more readily available for Haralson County residents.
Through Healthy Haralson, improved access to medical care in Haralson County will remain a priority. We are continuing to find innovative ways to improve access to primary care providers, dentists and mental health providers while promoting existing resources through our community resource guide.