Full-time employee benefits
The Tanner Advantage program includes a variety of resources that allows our full-time employees (working 30 or more hours a week) to create a benefits package that is tailored to their needs:
- Health insurance – Three health plan options that provide comprehensive medical and prescription drug coverage at a variety of deductible levels.
- Tanner Healthy Advantage program – Rewards employees for good health habits and maintaining a healthy lifestyle by providing premium credits toward the cost of health benefits.
- Dental insurance – Comprehensive coverage for a wide array of dental services
- Vision insurance – Comprehensive coverage for eye exams, lenses and more
- Flexible spending account (FSA) – Tax-saving reimbursement account that helps pay for healthcare expenses
- Health savings account (HSA) – Tax-saving account that allows employees to save for current and future healthcare expenses; includes generous employer contributions.
- Basic life and accidental death and dismemberment (AD&D) insurance – Provided at no cost to employee with option to purchase additional Voluntary Life and AD&D coverage at discounted group rates.
- Spouse basic life and dependent child life insurance – Provided at no cost to employee with option to purchase additional Voluntary Life and AD&D coverage at discounted group rates.
- Short-term and long-term disability insurance – Affordable coverage that provides income replacement when most needed.
- Critical illness and accident insurance – Pays benefits directly to employee in the event of a covered illness or injury.
- Legal services plan – Offers consultations with attorneys on a variety of personal legal matters.
- Auto and home insurance – Discounted group rates and the convenience of payroll deduction.
- Paid time off (PTO) program – Provides flexibility to use time off for a variety of reasons.
- Extended illness bank (EIB) – Helps provide income protection for longer-term illness or injury.
- 401(k) retirement plan – Save for retirement through pre-tax or Roth contributions; generous dollar-for-dollar match on the first 4% and fifty cents for every dollar on the next 2% of pay contributed; 2-year vesting.
- Hospital Indemnity Insurance – Pays benefits directly to employee in the event of a covered hospital admission.
- Tuition reimbursement – Provides financial assistance to help reach educational goals.
- Child care discount program – 20% discount off tuition at Bridge Learning Centers/Sunbrook Academy.
- Quickcharge – Use of Tanner ID badge to make purchases in Tanner cafes, gift shops, and business office through payroll deduction.
- Work-life balance program – Comprehensive program which includes will preparation, childcare and eldercare referral, identity theft services, and emergency travel services
Part-time and PRN employee benefits
Our part-time and PRN employees are critical to our success as well. We offer our part-time and PRN staff the ability to participate in Tanner’s retirement programs and receive the same generous match. In addition, all employees (full-time, part-time and PRN) receive the following benefits:
- Wellness programs – Well 4 Life program that provides a free annual Well Check, which includes a lipid profile, blood glucose test, and blood pressure screening, free health coaching, 24-hour exercise facilities and a variety of classes and programs.
- Employee assistance program (EAP) – Confidential resource and referral service; up to six free visits per year.
- Vision discount plan – Savings on eye exams, lenses and more.
- Cafeteria discounts – Savings at Tanner cafes throughout the system.
- Employee discount program – Offers savings on dining, entertainment, financial services, health and wellness, computers, wireless and more.
- Mammogram screenings – For employees and spouses; at Tanner facilities.
- Georgia Path2College 529 Plan – Convenient payroll deduction to help save for educational expenses.
- Direct deposit – Offers ability to automatically deposit to multiple checking and savings accounts.
- Associated Credit Union membership.
- Employee group activities and special events.
- Service awards – Recognition and rewards offered in five-year increments
Tanner Health System is also committed to providing physical activity and wellness opportunities for our employees. We were recognized as a 2016 Gold Level Recipient of the American Heart Association’s Fit-Friendly Worksites Recognition program.
And perhaps the most important benefit of all, you’ll have the chance to work with some of the most caring and dedicated people you will find — the staff of Tanner Health System.