Tanner is introducing a new Nurse Extern Program for nursing students. The program is designed to support students currently enrolled in an accredited nursing program (LPN, ADN or BSN).
The Tanner Nurse Extern Program provides:
- Part-time or full-time employment as a nurse extern, performing clinical tasks within the scope of a nurse technician
- Movement through the program with a cohort of other nursing students
- Monthly sessions and training to supplement current course work while enhancing their clinical experience and their professional development
- Monthly stipend of $500
- Priority consideration for available full time RN or LPN positions upon graduation and receiving licensure
The program requires a commitment to Tanner, based on the total amount of stipend received. To be considered for the program, interested individuals must complete an application for the full-time or part-time nurse extern job posting.
- January Cohort - opens October 15th
- April Cohort - opens January 15th
- July Cohort - opens April 15th
To apply you must:
- Be a current student accepted in an accredited LPN, ADN, or BSN nursing program
- Have current BLS (or must be obtained within 30 days of hire)
- Complete of an online application for Nurse Extern
A former nurse extern shares her experience
Atleigh Shaw, RN, with Tanner Medical Center/Carrollton and a former nurse extern, shares what it's like to work for Tanner Health System and explains why those who are interested in a career in healthcare should #ExperienceTanner for themselves.
Watch her video now.