What is hospice care?
Hospice care is based on the idea that with medical and emotional assistance, death can be prepared for and can happen at home in an atmosphere of comfort, caring, kindness and dignity.
Tanner Hospice Care treats the emotional and spiritual needs of patients in addition to their physical needs, believing that the quality of life is as important as the length of life. With hospice care, patients are able to be at home, alert and free of pain, among the people and things they love.
Serving west Georgia residents
Tanner Hospice Care serves patients in the following west Georgia counties:
Tanner Hospice Care is certified by Medicare and Medicaid and is Joint Commission-accredited.
Available 24 hours a day, Seven days a week
For more information on hospice care and whether it is right for you or a family member, call 770.214.2355. Even if you just need to talk, don't hesitate to call. We are here for you.
Tanner Hospice Care:
- Provides help and support to the patient and family, 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- Uses sophisticated methods of pain and symptom control under the direction of a physician, enabling the patient to live as fully and comfortably as possible.
- Treats the person, not the disease.
- Provides care and support services to address the medical, psychological and spiritual needs of the patient and family.
- Focuses on the individual's quality of life.
- Follows the family for one year, with periodic phone calls, visits and counseling if needed, as well as cards, grief support groups and memorial services.
For more information, call our 24-hour help line at 770.214.2355.
150 Henry Burson Avenue, Suite 102, Carrollton, GA 30117
Located across Dixie Street from Tanner Medical Center/Carrollton
24-Hour Help Line: 770.214.2355