• Need a doctor? Call 770.214.CARE

  • Tanner main number: 770.812.9666

Become a Giving Society Member

In the tradition of visionary leaders who inspire participation, development and sustainability of a healthy community, Tanner Medical Foundation gratefully honors friends who have made an extraordinary lifetime commitment to Tanner with the giving societies listed below.

Giving Society members are gratefully acknowledged (by name or anonymously) in publications and on the Hospital Donor Wall.

Tanner Society

In recognition of cumulative giving of $1 million and above
In 1943, local businessman C.M. Tanner gave $75,000 toward the construction of a hospital for Carroll County, GA. He challenged local citizens to raise the balance needed, and in response, a group of 71 local leaders united to raise funds. As a result, Tanner Memorial Hospital was dedicated on October 30, 1949.

Richards Society

In recognition of cumulative giving of $500,000 - $999,999
At the request of C.M. Tanner, Roy Richards, Sr. led the drive to build Tanner Memorial Hospital. He also served as the first chairman of the board of directors. His wife, Alice Richards, founded the “Pink Ladies” in 1966, which became the Tanner Medical Center / Carrollton Auxiliary. She later served on the Tanner Medical Foundation board of directors.

Barker Society

In recognition of cumulative giving of $250,000 - $499,999
Homer Barker, MD, an original member of the Tanner medical staff, delivered the first baby, Shirley Louise Brewer, at Tanner Memorial Hospital on November 7, 1949.  Dr. Barker’s daughter, Angie Barker, served on the Tanner Medical Foundation board of directors.

Worthy Society

In recognition of cumulative giving of $100,000 - $249,999
After service in World War II, W. Steve Worthy, MD, returned to his hometown and became the first medical specialist in Carroll County, practicing obstetrics and gynecology. Dr. Worthy was a member of the original medical staff at Tanner Memorial Hospital. His son, T. Peter Worthy, DDS, was a founding member of the Tanner Medical Foundation board of directors.

Patrick Society

In recognition of cumulative giving of $50,000 - $99,999
Elwyn V. Patrick, MD, chose to locate his practice in Carrollton after hearing about the area from a Medical College of Georgia classmate and Carroll County native.  A member of the original Tanner medical staff, Dr. Patrick served on the Tanner Medical Center board for eleven years.  He was also a founding board member of Tanner Medical Foundation.

Reeve Society

In recognition of cumulative giving of $10,000 - $49,999
T.E. Reeve, Jr., MD was a member of the original medical staff and the first surgeon at Tanner.  He opened his medical office in Carrollton the day after Tanner Memorial Hospital was dedicated in 1949.  Dr. Reeve was a founding board member of Tanner Medical Foundation.

 

Find a Doctor:

Advanced Search
Google+