For complete information about Willowbrooke at Tanner and the programs it offers, please visit the Willowbrooke at Tanner Web site at www.WillowbrookeAtTanner.org.
When it opened in 2009, Willowbrooke at Tanner's inpatient facility in Villa Rica was the first new facility of its kind built in Georgia in at least 20 years. This 52-bed inpatient facility offers short-term, acute behavioral health care for children, adolescents, teens and adults. The Villa Rica campus also includes a 10,000 square-foot outpatient services building. Willowbrooke at Tanner's partial hospitalization program is available in Villa Rica, at the Tanner Center for Behavioral Health in Carrollton and at the newest Willowbrooke at Tanner facility in Cartersville. Free comprehensive and confidential mental health assessments are available at each of these facilities, as well as in the emergency departments of hospitals in Carrollton, Villa Rica, Bremen, Cartersville and Newnan.
Willowbrooke at Tanner’s central location in west Georgia is convenient for all area residents. However, it has treated patients from as far away as Alabama, Washington and south Georgia, making Willowbrooke at Tanner a provider of choice for patients beyond the west Georgia region.
Willowbrooke at Tanner’s inpatient facility accepts both voluntary and involuntary admissions for patients struggling with emergent psychiatric issues.
The inpatient facility offers a safe, comfortable place for healing to begin, including:
- Private courtyards for rest and reflection
- A half-court indoor gymnasium with a climbing wall
- Indoor and outdoor dining
- Expressive therapy programs
- Education classrooms
- Meditation/reflection area for spiritual exploration
- Cafeteria for patient dining, with specialized menus
To learn more about Willowbrooke at Tanner or for a free, confidential mental health assessment, please call our 24-hour helpline: 770.836.9551.
For complete more information about Willowbrooke at Tanner and the programs it offers, please visit the Willowbrooke at Tanner Web site at www.WillowbrookeAtTanner.org.
Common mental health problems treated at Willowbrooke at Tanner include:
- Bipolar disorder
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Anxiety disorders
- Attention deficit hyperactive disorder (ADHD)
- Impulse control disorders
- Substance abuse or addictions
- Dual diagnosis (behavioral and substance abuse problems)
- Psychosomatic disorders
- Memory loss
- Chronic pain syndrome
The Willowbrooke at Tanner Villa Rica facility campus includes a 10,000-square-foot outpatient services building, which provides a range of outpatient behavioral health services , including state-approved Core services for children and adolescents, as well as partial hospitalization programs and more. Willowbrooke at Tanner also offers all outpatient services in Carrollton and Cartersville.
Willowbrooke at Tanner therapies and programs include:
- Willowbrooke at Tanner incorporates innovative therapeutic techniques to connect with patients, including equine therapy and expressive therapy.
- The program is working to incorporate a new “brain lab,” which will provide patients with therapies involving simulations and biofeedback to help them learn to control their emotions and brain activity. If you'd like to help support this program, visit Tanner Medical Foundation.
Programs for Behavioral Change
- Free, confidential assessment and intake services
- Intensive Outpatient Program
- Partial Hospitalization Programs
- Child and Adolescent Partial Hospitalization Program
- Adolescent Substance Abuse Partial Hospitalization Program
- Tanner Intensive Program for Behavioral Change (TIP)
- Adult Behavioral Health and Substance Abuse Partial Hospitalization Program
- Equine Therapy
- Tanner Intensive Family Intervention Program (TIFIP)
- Tanner Center for Behavioral Health
Visit Willowbrooke at Tanner's Web site to learn more about the innovative therapies and programs for behavioral change at Willowbrooke at Tanner.
For confidential help for psychiatric and emotional concerns or a free mental health assessment, call our free, 24-hour helpline: 770.836.9551.
Willowbrooke at Tanner/Villa Rica
20 Herrell Road
Villa Rica, GA 30180
Located just north of the Tanner Medical Center/Villa Rica campus on Highway 61
Services: Assessment services, intake, inpatient care, partial hospitalization program, outpatient care, individual and group therapy
Willowbrooke at Tanner/Carrollton
and Tanner Center for Behavioral Health/Carrollton
523 Dixie Street
Carrollton, GA 30117
Services: Assessment services, partial hospitalization program, individual and group therapy
Willowbrooke at Tanner/Cartersville
958 Joe Frank Harris Parkway SE, Suite 103
Cartersville, GA 30120
Located across the street from Cartersville Medical Center’s emergency department entrance on Joe Frank Harris Parkway
Services: Assessment services, partial hospitalization program
Tanner Center for Behavioral Health/Villa Rica
611 North Avenue,
Villa Rica, GA 30180
Services: Assessment services, individual and group therapy
For individuals in crisis, screenings also are available in the emergency departments of:
- Tanner Medical Center/Carrollton
705 Dixie Street, Carrollton, GA 30117
- Tanner Medical Center/Villa Rica
601 Dallas Road, Villa Rica, GA 30180
- Higgins General Hospital in Bremen
200 Allen Memorial Drive, Bremen, GA 30110
- Cartersville Medical Center
960 Joe Frank Harris Parkway Southeast, Cartersville, GA 30120
- Piedmont Newnan Hospital
745 Poplar Road, Newnan, GA 30265