W. Steve Worthy Maternity Center in Carrollton
Every month, more than 100 new babies are born here!
Lucky babies born in the W. Steve Worthy Maternity Center at Tanner Medical Center/Carrollton begin life with the very best of the old and the new.
Carrollton’s only maternity center offers the utmost in modern technology within a city steeped in history. Did you know that Carrollton was named in 1826 for Charles Carroll, the last living signer of the Declaration of Independence? Or that a humble agricultural school founded on the grounds of Carrollton's Bonner Plantation grew from 110 pupils in 1906 to today’s University of West Georgia, which serves more than 10,000 students?
This proud history is the perfect backdrop from which Carrollton’s newest citizens and their mothers and fathers can begin their own family history: at Tanner’s very modern, state-of-the-art W. Steve Worthy Maternity Center.
Why choose the W. Steve Worthy Maternity Center?
Here’s what new babies—and their moms—will love about the W. Steve Worthy Center:
- Six labor and delivery rooms average 1,200 births per year
- A C-section room is equipped with two recovery areas
- Level II special-care nursery
- Rooming-in or mother-baby care options
- 13-bed pediatric unit
- An active childbirth education program
- Lactation consultants help new moms learn to breastfeed
- Home visit for first-time moms through Tanner Home Health
Learn more about the W. Steve Worthy Maternity Center.
This record has been viewed 26242