More than 600 babies are born each year here!
Named the Spanish words for "rich village,” Villa Rica once welcomed hundreds of hopefuls who dreamed of finding wealth in the area's gold mines. It was a bit of the old Wild West in the 1800s, complete with Native Americans, gamblers and miners.
There’s still gold in our town
The mines are gone now, but Villa Ricans still find the city a “rich village," as shown by its recent growth in population, housing and business. Tanner Medical Center/Villa Rica is a part of that history and growth, too; it stands next door to the old Villa Rica City Hospital.
Where will Villa Rica's newest residents and their mothers and fathers begin their own family history? At the Maternity Center, Tanner’s state of the art maternity center in Tanner Medical Center/Villa Rica!
Why choose the Maternity Center?
Here’s what new babies—and their moms—will love about The Maternity Center:
- Three birthing rooms and one labor and delivery room average around 600 births per year
- A dedicated C-section room
- Level I nursery
- Rooming-in or mother-baby care options
- Pediatric beds on the Medical/Surgical unit
- An active childbirth education program
- Lactation counselors help new moms learn to breastfeed
- Home visit for first-time moms through Tanner Home Health
Learn more about the Maternity Center.