Tanner Medical Center/Carrollton
Tanner Medical Center/Carrollton is a 201-bed acute care hospital located in Carrollton, Ga., providing a wide range of inpatient and outpatient services, state-of-the-art diagnostic imaging and a new, 24-hour emergency department staffed by residency-trained and board-certified emergency medicine physicians. The facility serves the residents of west Georgia and east Alabama.
The hospital’s campus includes the Tanner Heart and Vascular Center, the W. Steve Worthy Maternity Center, the Roy Richards, Sr. Cancer Center, the innovative Health Education and Wellness Learning Center, Tanner Breast Health in Carrollton with digital mammography services, a mile-and-a-half of walking trails, a 12-bed intensive care unit (ICU), a 20-bed inpatient rehabilitation facility, pharmacy and laboratory services and more.
In addition to their referring physicians, patients in the hospital are served by Tanner Intensive Medical Services (TIMS), a Tanner-operated hospitalist service with highly skilled internal medicine specialists, ensuring that each patient receives around-the-clock physician care.
The following facilities and services are located and available on the Tanner Medical Center/Carrollton campus:
- 24-hour emergency department, newly built in 2013
- Staffed by residency-trained and board-certified emergency medicine physicians
- Located on Ambulance Drive, just off Clinic Avenue
Intensive Care Unit
- Tanner Medical Center/Carrollton offers a 12-bed intensive care unit (ICU) with innovative family-friendly policies and amenities.
- Each room includes space for family members to stay with their loved one, including built-in couches that easily convert to beds, free Wi-Fi and Internet connections and more.
- Three family waiting areas with computer access and Wi-Fi are provided, and a snack area with coffee and vending is available. There is a shower and restroom for family members who stay with loved ones in the ICU. A fourth separate private family room enables family members to meet with medical professionals to discuss their loved one’s care.
Roy Richards, Sr. Cancer Center
- Tanner’s Roy Richards, Sr. Cancer Center offers a full line of cutting-edge radiation therapies and chemotherapies for the treatment of cancer.
- Tanner was the first non-academic cancer center in Georgia and Alabama to begin using the Varian Trilogy with RapidArc linear accelerator.
- The center offers a multidisciplinary patient-centered model of care. A team of physicians, including radiation and medical oncologists, surgeons, pathologists and radiologists gather semi-monthly to discuss each patient’s treatment options.
- Tanner Cancer Care team members will include a Patient Navigator, an oncology-focused registered dietician and a master social worker.
- A support group provides additional support for patients and their families.
Tanner Breast Health
- Tanner Breast Health takes a unique approach to breast care, providing a wide range of services in a comfortable, spa-like atmosphere.
- The Tanner Boutique, a comfortable and private boutique inside the center where breast patients can shop for items such as post-surgical bras, breast forms, skin care products and more.
- Digital mammography, stereotactic biopsies, bone density screenings and more are available in a private, women’s-only environment.
- The mammography center is adjacent to the Roy Richards, Sr. Cancer Center and the offices of Northwest Georgia Oncology Centers, Carrollton Surgical Group and Comprehensive Breast Care Center, bringing diagnostics, education and treatment all under one roof.
Tanner Center for Sleep Disorders
- Comfortable, five-star amenities are available at the Tanner Center for Sleep Disorders in four sleep labs for patients requiring sleep studies to diagnose such common problems as obstructive sleep apnea.
- Sleep studies are reviewed by pulmonary medicine specialists, who make recommendations to referring physicians on care and treatment based on the sleep studies’ findings.
Tanner Employee Assistance Program
- Companies contract with the Tanner Employee Assistance Program (EAP) to provide short-term counseling services to their employees.
- Tanner EAP assists employees and managers in identifying and resolving issues that may interfere with job performance and workplace effectiveness.
Tanner Heart and Vascular Center
- Opened in 2008, the 45,000-square-foot Tanner Heart and Vascular Center includes a new, 20-bed cardiac progressive care unit (CPCU), two spacious cardiac catheterization labs, one special procedures lab, advanced diagnostics, the John and Barbara Tanner Cardiac Rehab Center (includes exercise space and a demonstration kitchen/classroom) and offices for Tanner Heart & Vascular Specialists, a Tanner Medical Group-operated cardiac specialty practice.
- Tanner Medical Center/Carrollton is one of only a handful of hospitals across the state that provides interventional cardiac procedures, such as angioplasty and stenting.
Tanner Occupational Health
- Area employers benefit from contracting with Tanner Health System to provide a wide range of services for their employees, such as pre-employment physicals and drug screenings, as well as review and management of worker’s compensation cases.
- The Tanner Occupational Health staff can also go on-site for companies to provide health fairs, a number of health screenings such as blood pressure and cholesterol and more.
Tanner Pain Management Center
- The Tanner Pain Management Center provides care for patients living with chronic or severe pain or pain caused by cancer or cancer treatments, as well as pain associated with surgical procedures.
- Physicians specializing in pain management see patients at the center on a referral-only basis.
W. Steve Worthy Maternity Center
The W. Steve Worthy Maternity Center is named for the first obstetrician to serve on Tanner’s medical staff. The center delivers more than 1,200 babies a year on average.
- The center provides comfortable labor and delivery suites, as well as adjacent waiting rooms for families.
- Nine obstetricians and nine pediatricians are on the center’s staff.
- State-of-the-art security protects both babies and mothers during their stay.
- The center has an 18-bed newborn nursery, a six-bed special care unit and a 17-bed obstetrics unit.
- The center’s nursing staff includes 39 certified registered nurses in Inpatient Obstetrics or the Newborn Nursery.
- Lactation education and support services are available, with two International Board-Certified Lactation Consultants providing both inpatient and outpatient care.
- Ten prenatal classes taught by childbirth instructors provide new parents with the opportunity to be well informed prior to the birth of their child.
705 Dixie Street, Carrollton, GA 30117
Tanner Health System takes pride in providing our community with quality health care. We also believe in transparency when it comes to our quality measures.
The following Tanner quality measures are available online:
- Core Measures for heart attacks, heart failure, pneumonia and surgical care
- Patient Safety for infection prevention, medicine errors and patient falls
- Patient Satisfaction for ambulatory surgery, emergency room, inpatient and outpatient
- Cardiac Care for door-to-EKG time, aspirin given at arrival, door-to-balloon time and successful stent procedures
Learn more about how Tanner compares locally and nationally.
This record has been viewed 153105