World-class cancer care
The Roy Richards, Sr. Cancer Center, which located on the campus of Tanner Medical Center/Carrollton, is committed to utilizing state-of-the-art technology to fight cancer, including the latest in sophisticated and precise radiation therapies. As a result, Tanner Medical Center/Carrollton became the first community hospital in Georgia and Alabama to deliver radiation treatments using Varian RapidArc radiotherapy technology.
Other radiation treatment options at the Roy Richard, Sr. Cancer Center include:
- Sterotactic radiosurgery and radiotherapy (SRS, SRT)
- Intensity modulated radiation therapy (IMRT)
- Image-guided radiation therapy (IGRT)
- 3-D conformal radiation therapy (3D-CRT)
- MammoSite partial breast irradiation therapy
- High dose rate (HDR) radiation
West Georgia location
The Roy Richards, Sr. Cancer Center’s location on the campus of Tanner Medical Center/Carrollton means that patients throughout west Georgia and east Alabama have the advantages of this comprehensive cancer care right in their community.
Cancer screenings are convenient and easy; and if a clinical examination or other screening indicates treatment might be needed, our team of specialists is right there on site. Appointments are available right away—in days, not weeks. An early start encourages the best possible outcome.
Roy Richards, Sr. Cancer Center
165 Clinic Avenue, Carrollton, GA 30117
Located on the campus of Tanner Medical Center/Carrollton
Hours: 7:30 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday through Friday
Most of all, you won’t feel alone alone your cancer journey. Personalized care and support are a given at the Roy Richards, Sr. Cancer Center:
- Our physicians are joined by a team of physicists, dosimetrists, radiation therapy technologists, registered nurses and others.
- This team of experienced, compassionate specialists partner with you throughout your experience, from diagnosis through treatment and recovery.
- Your Cancer Team, which may include your own Patient Navigator, will meet frequently to discuss what’s best for you and your unique needs.
At the Roy Richards, Sr. Cancer Center, we treat the whole person, not just the disease. We make your experience as comfortable as possible, and we help you to understand your treatment and the effects it will have on your health and your life as a whole. Learn more about our integrated approach to cancer treatment.
If you are concerned that you may have cancer, please call your primary care physician. If you do not have a doctor, please call 770.214.CARE or Find a Doctor.