Growing with the Community
Founded in 1949 as Tanner Memorial Hospital, Tanner Health System has grown over the last 58 years to include three hospitals serving patients residing in Carrollton, Villa Rica, Bremen, and surrounding areas with high-quality healthcare in a comfortable, professional environment. With over 2,000 employees and more than 260 physicians in 35 specialties serving three regional hospitals, Tanner Health System is leading the way in providing a continuum of care for the residents of western Georgia and eastern Alabama.
A $45-million renovation and expansion project recently completed at Tanner Medical Center/Carrollton added 95,000 square feet of new space to the facility and allowed for the renovation of 12,000 square feet of existing space. The expansion included the construction of Tanner Heart and Vascular Center, which consolidated a full continuum of cardiac care under one roof. A new atrium entrance to the hospital, a separate entrance to the W. Steve Worthy Maternity Center, a parking deck, and a new, state-of-the-art educational center were also included in the construction project completed in February 2008.
A number of generous named gifts to Tanner Medical Foundation supported the Dixie Street Expansion Project completed in February 2008. The following named gift opportunities are presently available in the new construction areas:
Patient Care Areas
Heart and Vascular Center
Intensive Care Unit
Cardiac Progressive Care Unit
Health Education and Wellness Learning Center
Learning Center Classrooms
Cafeteria and Dining Room
Patio Dining Area
For more information regarding named gift opportunities, please contact Kathy Mathis, Director of Tanner Medical Foundation, at 770.812.4438 (770-812-GIFT) or send an e-mail.