Key Emergency Treatment Areas
Tanner's emergency departments are advanced treatment facilities with experienced and highly-trained physicians, nurses and staff who are committed to providing personalized, quality care with compassion, dignity and respect.
By choosing a Tanner emergency department, patients have quick access to all of Tanner's services and specialties in these key emergency treatment areas:
- Cardiology - One of the most technologically advanced areas of our healthcare network is the field of cardiac services. Tanner’s emergency staff is trained to “think heart.” We offer the latest in technology and capabilities for emergency cardiac care—including balloon angioplasty and stenting—at the Tanner Heart and Vascular Center. Our diagnostic, medical and surgical capabilities allow cardiac patients to get the advanced care they need, quickly and close to home.
- Neurology - In many emergencies, but especially in acute strokes, the ability to intervene in minutes can have a great impact on the patient’s recovery. Having neurologists on hand quickly allows Tanner's emergency departments to provide emergency patients with quick access to state-of-the-art neurological care.
- Obstetrics - An expectant mother's access to high quality emergency obstetric care is the key to ensuring mother-baby health. When time is of the essence, Tanner's emergency departments—in cooperation with Tanner maternity centers at Tanner Medical Center/Carrollton and Tanner Medical Center/Villa Rica—provide emergency obstetric care, including quick access to obstetricians and, if necessary, emergency obstetrical intervention and procedures.
- Oncology - Complications from cancer affect a percentage of all cancer patients, and those complications can sometimes present a clinical oncology emergency that requires prompt diagnosis and urgent medical or surgical intervention. In these situations, quick access to oncologists, such as those on Tanner's medical staff, helps to encourage the best outcome.
- Orthopedics - Most injuries occur near a patient’s home. In an emergency situation, it's often not feasible to transfer a patient outside our community for emergency orthopedic care. Immediate access to qualified physicians is a critical factor, and Tanner's emergency departments are equipped to provide emergency orthopedic care, including access to one of the nation’s best spine specialists.
- Pediatrics - Hundreds of thousands of children in the U.S. require some level of emergency care every year. Tanner Health System supports the American Academy of Pediatrics’ strong commitment to making emergency care available to all children, and we have pediatric specialists readily available when needed.
- Urology - For situations of urogenital trauma, infections, acute urinary tract obstruction and newborn urological emergencies, patients require optimal management of the urological condition and the specialized knowledge of a urologist. Tanner's emergency departments have urologists readily available as needed.
Learn more about Tanner's commitment to Patient Comfort and What to Expect in the ED.
This record has been viewed 15503