Tanner Home Health professionals are on-call 24 hours a day, seven days a week to answer questions and provide assistance in your home. We have one single focus: Quality care for our patients.
Tanner Home Health provides care in the service region of Carroll, Coweta, Douglas, Haralson, Heard and Paulding counties. For more information, select the Locations tab to contact one of our regional offices.
You may be eligible for home health care if you are currently enrolled in the Medicare or Medicaid programs and meet certain guidelines. These guidelines usually include: requiring considerable assistance and effort to leave home; needing skilled care by a nurse, physical therapist, or speech therapist; or being under the care of a physician.
Tanner will research private insurance or HMO (Health Maintenance Organization) eligibility at no charge.
Tanner Home Health offers a variety of services to meet patients’ comprehensive healthcare needs in the comfort and security of their own homes, including:
- Wound care, dressing changes (certified wound/ostomy nurse)
- Administration of intramuscular (IM) and subcutaneous medications
- Diabetic education—diet teaching, self glucose monitoring, self insulin administration
- Venipuncture for lab studies
- Intravenous (IV) therapy
- Monitoring and teaching medication regimen
- Assessment of home environment
Home health aide
- Personal care: bathing and comfort measure
- Maintenance of patient care area
- Gait training
- Therapeutic exercise
- Cardiopulmonary physical therapy
- Prosthetic therapy
- Assessment of home environment for possible need of durable medical equipment
- Muscle re-education
- Perceptual motor training
- Fine motor coordination
- Neurodevelopment treatment
- Sensory treatment
- Auditory processing
- Verbal language expressing
- Pragmatic skills
- Augmentative/alternative communication
Medical social services
- Assessment of social and emotional factors
- Counseling for long-range planning
- Community resource planning
- Intervention towards management of terminal illness
Along with the above, Tanner Health System also offers Tanner Hospice Care.
For more information
If you would like more information about the services we provide, please contact us at 770.834.5438. Licensed by the state of Georgia and certified by Medicare and Medicaid. Accredited by the Joint Commission.
Tanner Health System adheres to an equal opportunity policy for all persons seeking admission as a client or looking for employment opportunities. Tanner does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin or disability.
If you would like more information about Tanner Home Health, please contact us at any of the following locations:
Home Health Care in Bremen
Home Health Care in Carrollton
Tanner Health System also offers hospice care, which enables patients to carry on an alert, pain-free life and manage other symptoms so that their last days may be spent with dignity.
Tanner Health System takes pride in providing our community with quality health care. We also believe in transparency when it comes to our quality measures.
The following Tanner quality measures are available online:
- Core Measures for heart attacks, heart failure, pneumonia and surgical care
- Patient Safety for infection prevention, medicine errors and patient falls
- Patient Satisfaction for ambulatory surgery, emergency room, inpatient and outpatient
- Cardiac Care for door-to-EKG time, aspirin given at arrival, door-to-balloon time and successful stent procedures
Learn more about how Tanner compares locally and nationally.