Continuum of heart care
During a heart attack, heart muscle is lost by the minute. If blood is not restored to the heart quickly, it can lead to irreversible damage to the heart. Limiting such damage requires quickly opening the blocked coronary artery to restore the flow of oxygen-rich blood to the cells of the heart muscle.
That’s when Tanner’s full continuum of world-class heart care—including 24-hour emergency departments at three hospitals, a Heart Alert system, and the expert staff and technology of Tanner Heart and Vascular Center—truly makes a difference. At Tanner, we save hearts and change lives every day.
Tanner Heart and Vascular Center
705 Dixie Street, Carrollton, GA 30117
Located inside Tanner Medical Center/Carrollton
Main Phone: 770.836.9666
- To schedule an appointment for a procedure or test at the Tanner Heart and Vascular Center at Tanner Medical Center/Carrollton, have a physician’s order ready and call Tanner Central Scheduling at 770.836.9721.
- If you need a cardiologist, call Tanner’s physician referral hotline at 770.214.CARE or choose Find a Doctor to search Tanner's medical staff.
- If you plan to visit a patient in the CPCU or the ICU, learn more about our visiting hours.
For information on cardiac services at each hospital, call:
Tanner Medical Center/Carrollton: 770.836.9559
Tanner Medical Center/Villa Rica: 770.456.3169
Higgins General Hospital: 770.824.2201
Tanner Health System takes pride in providing our community with quality health care. We also believe in transparency when it comes to our quality measures.
The following Tanner quality measures are available online:
- Core Measures for heart attacks, heart failure, pneumonia and surgical care
- Patient Safety for infection prevention, medicine errors and patient falls
- Patient Satisfaction for ambulatory surgery, emergency room, inpatient and outpatient
- Cardiac Care for door-to-EKG time, aspirin given at arrival, door-to-balloon time and successful stent procedures
Learn more about how Tanner compares locally and nationally.