Georgia Hospital Association Honor Roll
What is the GHA Core Measure Honor Roll?
The Georgia Hospital Association (GHA) established the concept of an honor roll in 2007. Since then, GHA completed work on the top 10 program, and Centers for Medicare & Medicare Services (CMS) initiated pay for performance. The new Core Measure Honor Roll includes more than just the eight appropriate care measures (ACMs); it will now encompass measures in value-based purchasing (VBP) core measures and the surgical care improvement project (SCIP) core measures, which will help hospitals monitor core measures and the financial impact associated with VBP core measures.
The new GHA Core Measure Honor Roll includes 139 Georgia hospitals, which is an increase in number of hospitals from the previous honor roll. It incorporates more critical access hospitals and small rural hospitals. The GHA Core Measure Honor Roll also contains acute myocardial infarction (AMI), heart failure (HF), pneumonia (PN), and surgical care improvement project (SCIP) measures. It is a composite score containing only the measures submitted by the hospitals. This composite type of scoring has no penalty for not submitting all core measures. The naming conventions for the honor roll categories more accurately define each category: Chairman (top 5 percent), Trustee (top 15 percent) and Presidential (top 30 percent).
What are the criteria to gain placement on the GHA Honor Roll?
The scoring is as follows:
- Chairman’s Honor Roll – Top 5 percent of all Georgia Hospitals (99.02 to 100 percent compliance)
- Trustee Honor Roll – Top 15 percent of all Georgia Hospitals (98.03 to 99.01 percent compliance)
- Presidential Honor Roll – Top 30 percent of all Georgia Hospitals (96.9 to 98.02 percent compliance)
Tanner’s recent honors:
- Georgia Hosptial Association Core Measure Honor Roll, Chairman's category - Tanner Medical Center/Carrollton, Tanner Medical Center/Villa Rica, Higgins General Hospital, 2012
- Georgia Hospital Association Core Measure Honor Roll, Chairman’s category - Tanner Medical Center/Villa Rica, Higgins General Hospital, 2011
- Georgia Hospital Association Core Measure Honor Roll, Trustee's category - Tanner Medical Center/Carrollton, 2011
Learn more about GHA’s Core Measure Honor Roll. View the current Core Measure Honor Roll.
This record has been viewed 60267