Specialty medical testing provided through the cardiac services division at Tanner Medical Center/Villa Rica includes the following services and procedures:
- Stress tests
- Holter monitor
- Event monitors
- Electrocardiograms (EKGs)
Cardiac diagnostic imaging
- Transesophageal echocardiography (TEE)
- Pediatric echocardiography
- Echocardiography (cardiac ultrasound)
- Stress echocardiogram
- Stress cardiac nuclear medicine (thallium cardiac imaging)
- Calcium scoring CT scanning
- Permanent pacemaker implantation - Patients requiring a permanent pacemaker have the procedure performed in the short-stay surgery center at Tanner Medical Center/Villa Rica. The minimally-invasive procedure is often performed under local anesthesia and generally takes less than 45 minutes to perform.
More information is available in Cardiology Procedures and Tests.
Intensive care at Tanner Medical Center/Villa Rica
The intensive care unit (ICU) at Tanner Medical Center/Villa Rica is a six-bed unit with the latest monitoring equipment. Tanner Medical Center/Villa Rica’s ICU patient care team treats patients with acute illnesses such as hemodynamic instability (irregular heart rhythms and unstable blood pressures) that require intensive monitoring and intervention.
Diagnostic and interventional procedures performed in Tanner Medical Center/Villa Rica’s ICU include:
- Temporary pacemaker implantation
- Cardioversion (also performed in the emergency department)
Emergency heart care at Tanner Heath System
The emergency department at Tanner Medical Center/Villa Rica is fully-staffed with board certified emergency medicine physicians. Nursing personnel are certified in ACLS (advanced cardiac life support) and TNCC (trauma nurse core curriculum). All physicians and staff are trained to “think cardiac.”
When a patient with chest pain is rushed into the emergency department, the "Chest Pain Protocol" is put into action immediately to ensure that the patient receives prompt, effective treatment. The emergency department is prepared to evaluate and treat patients presenting with symptoms related to cardiovascular diseases, including heart attack, angina, arrhythmia and heart failure.
To schedule an appointment, call 770.836.9721 in Carrollton.