When you’re referred to the Tanner Heart and Vascular Center at Tanner Medical Center/Carrollton for a cardiology procedure or test, you’ll be in the hands of highly skilled physicians and specially-trained nurses throughout your procedure.
Our dedicated team of medical professionals has rigorously studied and trained to provide expert care for cardiac patients from initial testing for heart disease through treatment and rehabilitation.
We also provide the latest in technologies and facilities:
- Two interventional and diagnostic catheterization laboratories
- An interventional and diagnostic endovascular laboratory
- A cardiac progressive care unit (CPCU) and an intensive care unit (ICU)
- A 24-hour emergency department
- The John and Barbara Tanner Cardiac Rehab Center for inpatient and outpatient services
- Cardiac diagnostic imaging
Specialty medical testing provided through the cardiac services division at the Tanner Medical Center/Carrollton campus includes the following services and procedures:
Catheterization Lab and Endovascular Lab
- Diagnostic and interventional peripheral angiography
- Diagnostic and interventional coronary angiography
- Heart catheterization
- Permanent pacemaker implantation
- Temporary pacemaker insertion
- Noninvasive vascular studies
- Stress tests
- Holter monitor
- Event monitors
- Electrocardiograms (EKGs)
Cardiac Diagnostic Imaging
- Cardiac PET
- Calcium scoring CT scanning
- Transesophageal echocardiography (TEE)
- Echocardiography (cardiac ultrasound)
- Stress echocardiogram
- Stress cardiac nuclear medicine (thallium cardiac imaging)
- Pediatric echocardiogram
More information is available in Cardiology Procedures and Tests.
Emergency heart care at Tanner Heath System
The emergency department at Tanner Medical Center/Carrollton is fully-staffed with board certified emergency medicine physicians. Nursing personnel are certified in ACLS (advanced cardiac life support) and TNCC (trauma nurse core curriculum). All physicians and staff are trained to “think cardiac.”
When a patient with chest pain is rushed into the emergency department, the "Chest Pain Protocol" is put into action immediately to ensure that the patient receives prompt, effective treatment. The emergency department is prepared to evaluate and treat patients presenting with symptoms related to cardiovascular diseases, including heart attack, angina, arrhythmia and heart failure.
To schedule an appointment, please call 770.836.9721 in Carrollton.