Once you have accepted an offer of employment at Tanner Health System, you must complete “onboarding” forms and a post-offer physical.
The Pre-Employment Process
Once you have accepted an offer, the recruiter will schedule a pre-employment appointment and establish a potential start date. You will then receive an e-mail outlining the position, rate of pay and recruiter contact information.
You also will receive a second e-mail that contains a link to new hire paperwork. All forms must be completed electronically and returned to Human Resources. (You will need your original username and password to log into the paperwork as documents are secure.) Once all forms have been completed electronically and submitted back to Human Resources, you will meet with the recruiter in Human Resources at a previously designated date and time.
You will need to bring the following items to your pre-employment appointment:
- One or more forms of identification for I-9 purposes. Examples of these include: active driver’s license, Social Security card, certified birth certificate, active passport, etc. (Other options may also meet I-9 requirements.)
- Direct deposit form (previously received in new-hire paper work via e-mail), along with a voided check for a checking account or a deposit slip for a savings account. (This form is only needed if you choose direct deposit.
- Immunization records
- Miscellaneous items requested by the recruiter may include licensure, diploma, transcripts, certifications, etc.
The recruiter will take your badge picture, then go over additional forms regarding new employee orientation, clocking in/out instructions and additional policies and procedures. Next, the recruiter will send you to Tanner Occupational Health or Tanner Immediate Care for pre-employment testing.
At Tanner Occupational Health, you will be asked to:
- Provide picture identification.
- Complete a medical history questionnaire.
- Provide a specimen for drug and nicotine testing.
- Receive immunizations (if you are unable to provide immunization records).
- Receive a TB skin test. (If TB test has been positive in the past, a chest X-ray will be performed.)
- Receive an influenza (flu) shot (annually, during flu season).
- Allow a blood draw for titer levels.
- Receive a pre-employment physical.
- Be advised when to return for TB skin test results.
You will need to return to Tanner Occupational Health within 48-72 hours to have the TB test result read. You will also need to return to Human Resources to pick up your employment badge. Badges are only released once Tanner Occupational Health or Tanner Immediate Care has cleared you for duty.
Once all of the above is complete and your supervisor has contacted you with start date information, the pre-employment process is complete.
All new employees are required to attend a one-day orientation during their first 40 days of employment. Orientation will cover policies, procedures and general information regarding Tanner Health System.
Orientation is held once a month on the first floor of the Health Education and Wellness Learning Center at Tanner Medical Center/Carrollton. The orientation will be from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Please arrive by 7:45 a.m. to enjoy a continental breakfast.
Parking is free and available in the Dixie Street and Clinic Avenue parking decks; please park on level 4 or 5. Appropriate work attire is required. You may want to bring a light jacket or sweater, since some participants may find the room temperature to be uncomfortable. If you have questions or concerns regarding orientation, call 770.812.9517.